Bacon Hash Brown Casserole
This recipe is versatile enough to go from brunch to dinner. Feel free to swap in your favorite vegetable for the broccoli.
- 6 slices bacon chopped
- 1 medium onion chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 can Campbell's Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup 284 ml
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 6 tbsp butter melted
- 6 cups frozen hash brown potatoes thawed
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup green onions sliced
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
- ⅓ cup panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook the bacon and onion over medium heat until the bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Drain fat.
Stir the bacon mixture, soup, sour cream, 4 tablespoons of butter, potatoes, broccoli, green onions and cheese in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into a lightly greased 9 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
Stir the panko and remaining butter in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the potato mixture.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are hot and the panko is golden brown.