One Pot Pasta With Chicken
Super easy and versatile, this delicious dish can be put together in just a few minutes - and cleanup is a breeze with only one pot!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound chicken breast diced into ½ inch cubes
- ½ cup onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 ounce, drained
- 3 cups chicken broth + ½ cup extra, if needed
- 1 cup heavy cream milk can be substituted
- 12 oz penne or other medium pasta
- ⅔ cup mozzarella cheese grated
- ½ cup parmesan divided
Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil over medium heat and cook chicken until no pink remains. Set aside.
Add onion and garlic to the pan. Cook until onion is translucent.
Add seasoning, parsley, 3 cups of broth, tomatoes and cream. Bring to a boil and add pasta. Let simmer for 15 minutes or until pasta is tender and sauce has thickened. If necessary, add ½ cup of broth. Stir in ¼ cup of parmesan cheese.
Add chicken back to skillet, top with mozzarella cheese and remaining parmesan. Broil 2 - 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden.